May 22, 2006

Greatest Gift

What is the best gift you have ever received? I remember some of them as a kid - the new bike or big-wheels (yes that dates me somewhat, but all you 30-somethings are having flashbacks), and when we finally got a b-b gun (I loved shooting the pigeons off the telephone wire in the backyard). I remember the cabbage patch craze in the 80's when they 1st came out and how you couldn't find them in stores - my sister finally got one and was ecstatic, and my brother and I tormented her by hanging it from the curtains (Sorry Jenners, but we loved to make you scream - Mom, now I know how it must have felt as Noah does it to his sister and it drives me crazy!) How about your most memorable gift & prized posssion, then & now?

God is the source of every good gift - James 1:17 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights". God gave us the greatest gift of all in His son Jesus, who he sent to die for our sins so that we might have eternal life (John 3:16).

Aside from that, the next greatest gift is that of my 2 kids. What a joy they are to me. In a world where we choose everything from the car we drive, the house we live in, the job we work at, even the person we marry (Yes Julie, you are a keeper gift too, but I already posted about you), some of the only things we dont get to choose are the family we are born into and the kids that God blesses us with. What a joy my 2 children are- unique in every way, full of love, personality, energy!!, wisdom (a good future post). Although I sometimes wish they could stay a baby forever (I sure miss falling asleep on the couch with my little boy as we watched a baseball game together or holding and rocking my baby girl to sleep at night, I look forward to continuing to watch and help them as they learn and grow. Thank you God today for the special and wonderful gifts of Noah and Natalie. Take some time to thank God for the special gift of your kids on a regular basis.

1 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Thanks for the encouraging words on my blog. I read those verses you mentioned and I really felt even more peace in our situation! I know God has a plan for our family!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home