May 10, 2006

Thursday Thirteen - Thirteen things I love about my wife...

Today is Julie's 33rd B-day, so here's lookin at you babe.
1. She is very independent, and let's me be the same
2. She is the world's best mom (sorry mom, I need some brownie points, but you are definitely up there at the top with her - Can we call it a tie :)
3. She makes great chocolate chip cookies
4. She makes the best german chocolate cake (usually 2 of them on my b-day; 1 for the party and 1 me all to myself)
5. Ok, so she is just an all-aroound great cook (from her 6 year old "Mom this soup (campbells chicken & stars) is awesome)
6. She is a the most multi-talented person I've ever met - from web design & graphics to building a playhouse, to interior design and landscaping, she gives wonder-woman a run for her money!

7. She goes to action flicks with me and doesn't drag me to the chick flicks
8. She is a frugal shopper and loves to save money
9. She can read a 400 page book in 20 minutes :)
10. She is lots of fun to be with - I love to hang out or go on vacation with her
11. She is a great planner - takes care of all the details for everything and I just have to show up - like our wedding, our vacations, our date nights (ok, just so you don't think I'm too lazy, I usually have to pick the restaurant and the movie)
12. She loves, supports and encourages me even when I fail to be the person she deserves
13. She is a a Proverbs 31 woman! (Follow link for full reading)

Proverbs 31:10-31 selected verses (NIV)
10 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.
26 She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
29 "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
31 Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

1 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Good one Mark!!

Happy birthday Julie!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home