February 4, 2008

New Beginnings

For those that may have missed the announcement yesterday, I have stepped down from my job as Executive Pastor at Palm Valley. This was a rough weekend with lots of tears (many more inside than I let show - I didn't know if I was going to be able to hold it together on stage for 4 services, but somehow God got me through) - so many memories of the people and experiences that God has let me be a part of over the last 6 years. So many close friends/co-workers that I will not be doing life with everyday (guys I will certainly miss lunch at Barros every week :)
The thought of not greeting every person that walks onto campus each weekend, which I have come to love. The hugs and thanks and emails I received from people who God has let me serve and help in some way. I treasure all of this and truly give thanks to God for allowing me to serve Him these past 6 years, as He has grown me and changed me along the way, drawing me closer to Him.
But at the same time, I know it was a close to one chapter in my life and a fresh start to what I believe God is tugging on my heart and calling me to - not exactly sure what that is yet, but I truly believe that God has something new prepared for me to help meet people's needs and build the kingdom of God.
So, today is a day of new beginnings. Please pray for peace, patience to wait upon God (I need it), and provision, for me and for Julie and the kids. And for God to direct my path and open the doors that He desires.

Proverbs 3:5-6
5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
6In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

6 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Susie said...

You've made a huge impact on our lives! Thank you for your leadership at PVC!

We know that God has big plans ahead for you!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Michael Gray said...

"God, thank you for Mark and the great heart he has for you and your church. Bless him and his family as he seeks your will, and challenge him in new ways as you guide him down the next path in his life. Amen."

MG1, I say this on behalf of all of the people at Palm Valley who know and love you:

"Dude, you're killing me..."

 
At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how God is smiling down on you for obeying Him, knowing how it used to make me feel when you obeyed me. One difference is that I didn't have the "Big Picture" like God does. How exciting just knowing that He has a wonderful plan for your lives! cpg

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New beginnngs for you; new beginnings for us. I think I'm supposed to cheer, but these new beginnings are altogether too new for that. You're missed already!

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Anthony said...

Mark,
You will be missed. It has been a joy and honor to get to know you and your family. I know God has big plans for you all and I thank Him for the inspiration you have given me on multiple occasions.
Anthony Riaza

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Praying for you Mark! What a huge step of faith you've taken. You are an inspiration to all of us!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home