February 13, 2008

Job possibility...

I have really enjoyed spending some extra time with the kids the last week or so. I have played many board games (including pretty princesses - luckily Julie didn't have the camera handy to snap a shot with the earrings, necklace and crown) and being there when they get home from school etc is fun.
So the thought popped into my head - I wonder what it would be like to become a stay at home dad?
Today sealed the deal. I was cleaning up around the house (yes, mom, now pick yourself up off the floor) and as I joyfully went about the duties that many men never know about around the house, I was picking up the wayward dishes that somehow found themselves into the weirdest places around the house. My naive and unsuspecting nature went to pour out a sippy cup that certainly had some juice in it - but upon opening it and dumping (or lumping I guess) the clumps of curdled milk, I realized there are just some things that women can endure (like childbirth, cleaning up after a sick child - you know, the "puke" parent) that men were obviously never meant to do.
And thus, I am back to the drawing board on seeking what is next.

4 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I promise to empty ALL sippy cups if I can come home to a nice clean house like I did tonight :-) Thanks sweetie. I'm enjoying the role reversal too - at least for awhile!

 
At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't even fall down. I have no doubts that my sons are a huge help when they want to be and that they love their wives enough to do things for them. I am very proud of you Mark.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

That's the worst! I hate when they've been sitting in the car for about three days... then you just toss them for sure :o)

Keep up the good work at home! I'm sure Julie appreciates it.

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Mark, at least you are man enough to admit it! Although I can't say I will be very good at it, guess we'll find out now though! jen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home