February 6, 2008

Day 3 - My 1st Job Lead

We were eating dinner tonight and Noah asked if I had a new job yet (after all its been 3 days now, right!?). I told him that I was still "looking" and that right now we were being patient and waiting on God, but reassured him that everything would be fine, and God would bring the right job at the right time.
To which Natalie replied in her very excited and animated voice, "Dad, I know, you could get a job at Petsmart! Then you could get us a free pet, maybe a new dog or a hampster!"

I assured her that I would keep that in mind, and who knows??? Of course if they ever found out about my blind 13 year old Bassett hound with no tail and our adopted 12 year old, deaf Cocker spaniel (what a dynamic duo they make!), I 'm not sure that I would pass their screening and reference process.

The only thing funnier than this was when Noah informed us that his arm was going numb from eating his broccoli. Now that was a new one for me.

My verse for today:

Isaiah 40:30-32 (New American Standard Bible)

30Though youths grow weary and tired,
And vigorous young men stumble badly,
31Yet those who wait for the LORD
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.


6 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger Susie said...

I love the sincerity and innocence of children! Maybe the kids can help you with your resume, too!

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you better be careful how you talk about our shared pets! Where do the kids come up with this stuff? You guys must have been way too serious when you were little because I don't remember any of you being that funny when you were growing up.
cpg

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Too cute! That reminds me of the time Noah told his teachers he was allergic to strawberries. They later found out he just didn't want any :o)

I think my Mom was right, let them help you with your resume!

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Matt Gumm said...

We're praying for you, and rest assured, we won't ask about the job thing. The hardest part is the waiting.

I'm not sure we can come to Phoenix after all. If my kids get with Noah and learn stuff like that, we'll never get them to eat right!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Michael Gray said...

Broccoli-induced limb numbness is no joking matter. I lost an uncle to that once.

Susie talked about having the kids help you with the resume. One day in the office, Noah made me a member of the Fire Club (not a full member like him, I had more of a trial membership). What employer wouldn't want to see Fire Club Member on an application? You should talk to him about it.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Karen said...

You could always be a "bank robber". One day Savannah's state case manager came out for a home visit. The man asked Mackenzie (about 5 yrs old) what she wanted to be when she grew up. She replied "a bank robber". He looked at her kind of puzzled until she added "that way I can give the money to the poor people by the freeway holding signs". So there you go...your 2nd job lead:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home