January 18, 2008

What is Faith??

I've been thinking/studying about faith recently. What is it and how can I wrap my mind around it and tangibly explain it to others? Well, the answer is I can't.
But I have come across several things recently that have been an encouragement to me in my faith journey, so I thought I would share just a couple.

From A.W. Tozer
"Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the one who is leading."
"Faith in God is to be demonstrated, not defined."
"True faith commits us to obedience."

Hebrews 11 is a who's who of great stories of faith. Below are a few select thoughts, but I encourage you to read through it all.

Hebrews 11:1-3, 6

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. 2For by it the people of old received their commendation. 3By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.
6And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

3 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark:

I love your blog. I bookmarked it and check it almost daily.

I love this post on Faith.

You are a gifted human being.

Love you-

Dori

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I love A W Tozer's definition! I don't have to understand what God is doing in my life, I just have to place my faith in Him and believe that He knows what is best for my life!

Thanks for sharing Mark!

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really is true that faith is something really hard to try to explain to someone if they aren't a believer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home