October 17, 2007

Meeting one of my Heros - Catalyst Part 2

Ok, so it took a little while to get to this 2nd post. I know some of you passed out while holding your breath.
Catalyst was awesome - 1 of the highlights for me was meeting Dave Ramsey

Dave is a real American hero to me - he has a nationally syndicated talkshow on getting out of debt and handling money wisely - also was just named as a host for the new Fox Business channel.

While I give God all the credit and honor for where we are in our financial life and the blessings of almost being totally debt free (check back for an update on this), I know that a lot of the inspiration and practical steps we took to get where we are today came from Dave Ramsey and Financial Peace University. If you're struggling with debt or want to do better with what you have, you absolutely need to take Financial Peace - it will absolutely change your life.

Highlights from Dave's session:
- Main point = What could the People of God do for the Kingdom of God if they were debt free?
- Quote from Bill gass "Prosperity is having the money to do God's will in your life"
- Its not your money - You are just a manager for God. Start using it as if it belonged to Him, not you.

Dave showed a video testimony from a couple that received $10,000 from another couple in their church (who had been through through financial peace and were debt free) to pay off their debts so that they could afford to adopt a child. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen or heard - I was crying like a baby.

I left that session with the verse ringing in my head, "remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' Acts 20:35

1 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

That is so cool that you got to meet him. I know what a difference he's made in your life. Too bad Julie wasn't there... I bet you'll be hearing about that for a while ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home