June 5, 2007

Dinner with Dad

Ok, if you don't have young kids and/or haven't seen the McDonald's commercial "Dad's Making Dinner" then watch this. Just because I forgot to feed Noah breakfast 1 day while Julie was gone doesn't imply I am not a gourmet cook (I make a mean pepperoni quesadilla I'll have you know, and Mickey Mouse pancakes too!),

but on nights like last night an FPU night out with dad, who hates McDonald's and is not too fond of other fast foods, found me browsing the aisles at Sam's Club with 2 kids, followed by hotdogs (actually Dad had a polish) and Icees, while we killed time waiting for mom to be done at her appointment.

Then came dessert - Natalie's favorite the Churro, which she proceeded to inform me,
"Dad, look, churro's are made with sand (insert blurting laughter from dad and brother). Really dad, look, it's a special kind of sand that tastes yummy - I don't know where they get it though."
I love spending time with my kids - they are truly gifts from God that bring me unending joy and lots of laughs.

3 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do they come up with this stuff? I don't remember you guys being that funny but I'm sure you all were. cpg

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Michael Gray said...

I have never heard of pepperoni quesadillas before. Sounds delicious.

Since I am giving up Chipotle Fridays, perhaps we could initiate Pepperoni Quesadilla Tuesdays.

What do you think?

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

That is so funny Mark! I'm impressed with the quesadillas and pancakes. I'm also impressed that you took the time to get pictures of them... I think you're getting hooked on this whole blog thing :-)

Too cute about Natty and the yummy sand. I love that stuff, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home