April 30, 2007

Forever a Daddy's Girl

Last night after we prayed and read together, Natalie in her whiny voice, said "Daddy, when I grow up and get married and become a princess, I want to live next to you." I told her I would love that (guess I should've asked Julie 1st before comitting - wonder what her future husband will think of that idea too :)). Then she started crying and said, but Daddy somebody already lives next to us, so how can I live there?

She also wanted to make sure that I was actually a king, so that she can be a real princess. Times like that make you hope they never grow up and move away (again, I better check with Julie on that thought too :)

5 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Next door? Sure. With us? No. Of course Noah told us he's never moving out of this house and that he was going to buy it and make us move out. So we'll either have to buy the house on the other side from Natalie or maybe she and Noah can live together. She can help him raise the kids he's going to adopt since he is NOT getting married. (or so he says)

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Well, they've got it all planned out, don't they? I know what you mean about them growing up too fast! I wish I could keep them little forever. This is such a fun season!!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Derrick Logan said...

Wow. I can't wait to know what that's like.

Darius is 'bout to find out!

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Paul Lewis said...

How great to build that kind of relationship. We can't wait for them to be out, but at the same time we hate when they're gone. Next door would be fine by me!

 
At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next door is way too close! We already told you there is no such thing as emty nest syndrome so why would you have them live next door?
You know better than that. If one of our children chose to live that close we would love it. Instead one lives 35 miles away, while one lives in Arkansas and one in England. Go figure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home