April 6, 2007

Better Days

This week was a tough one. I spent Monday afternoon at the hospital & home of a family who lost their 25 year old daughter/sister, the same family who just in January also tragically lost their husband & father. I realized as I sat and cried and hugged and prayed with the family that I had absolutely nothing to offer them - no words or thoughts that could help them with what they were going through. Only God can bring comfort at a time like this. It was just a time to grieve and mourn with them.

Stephanie was a wonderful, caring, loving person. She was a school-teacher who planning to go to Africa later this year to be a dorm mom at a missionary school. She loved her family, loved God, and loved her church. We are all filled with grief over her sudden loss.

I was completely exhausted emotionally and in no way wanted to go to work on Tuesday. I was reminded of what I read Monday morning -
2 Cor 12:9-10

9 And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness " Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 10Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

As I sit here on Good Friday thinking of Christ's sacrificial death for my sins on the cross, I am reminded that better days are ahead for those who know and love Him.

You must take a moment to
WATCH THIS

3 Comments:

At 5:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have no idea how much help these verses were for me although for very different circumstances. Thanks.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

It just broke my heart to hear about Stephanie and her family! I'm praying for them through these tough times!!

Thanks for the verses... they are very comforting to me right now!

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Michael Gray said...

MG1,

You are truly an inspirational guy to me. I know how hard you work -- harder than anyone in the office -- and yet you are still dedicated to reading through the Bible and writing posts that help us to apply God's word to our lives.

Sometimes I feel like I get too busy to do my devotions, but when I see someone who works as hard as you staying on top of yours, it immediately nullifies all my excuses.

I hope to develop your strong level of discipline in all areas of my life, but especially with my Bible reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home