January 13, 2007

Just in time

Yes I am still alive. I had to get this post in under the wire before someone(s) could accuse me of going a whole month without posting again.

Its been a whirlwind this past 30 days, but almost all good, just busy.

I will have to post some pics of our Christmas trip to Arkansas - we had a great time seeing family and the kids had a blast on the farm. They did surprising well on the road - don't know what parents did before the gamecube and portable dvd players. Guess just more yelling and pulling their hair out :)

I am looking forward to a great year and am excited to see what God brings our way. It continues to be fulfilling to meet the needs of hurting people on a daily basis, and I pray that I will be attentive to God as he brings these opportunities along.

On a somewhat funny note, I had a great time teaching Natalie how to blow her nose at bedtime the other night - she is a hoot! We both laughed uncontrollably.

A snip of something encouraging from my reading this morning:

Psalm 37 (Psalm Of David.)

1Do not fret because of evildoers,
Be not envious toward wrongdoers.
2For they will wither quickly like the grass
And fade like the green herb.
3Trust in the LORD and do good;
Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
4Delight yourself in the LORD;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.
5Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him, and He will do it.
6He will bring forth your righteousness as the light
And your judgment as the noonday.
7Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who carries out wicked schemes.
8Cease from anger and forsake wrath;
Do not fret; it leads only to evildoing.

3 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Wow, if I hadn't just seen you at church yesterday I would have started to think you weren't alive : )-

Natty is a funny girl! I can imagine what it was like teaching her to blow her nose : )

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Paul Lewis said...

I was beginning to wonder if we needed to start counting days. I know you're busy, but...

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Michael Gray said...

Psalm 37? We're supposed to be on, like, 21 or something. I'm not sure that reading ahead is fair to the rest of us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home