June 15, 2006

Thursday Thirteen - My Favorite TV shows growing up

Not in any particular order…
1. Gilligan’s Island - a timeless classic
2. Dukes of Hazzard - I wanted to be Bo Duke when I grew up - I can remember rolling down the windows on my parents car to practice sliding in the window. I also got a bassett hound because flash was awesome! And who can forget the name and character Roscoe P. Coltrain
3. Six Million Dollar Man – I still make that noise when I run sometimes
4. Hogan's Heroes - Sgt. Schultz has to be the most gullible tv personality of all time.
5. Knight Rider - David Hasselhoff was a dork, but KITT was awesome!
6. Miami Vice – Don Johnson is the only guy who could get away with wearing pastels year-round and still be cool.
7. The A-Team - B.A. Barackus, Howling Mad Murdock, Hannibal, and "Face" - Lots of shooting, blowing things up, beating people up, cars chases, and humor - what more could an adolescent boy want?
8. Mork & Mindy - Robin Williams (Mork from Ork) - "Shazbot!", NA-NU NA-NU
9. Happy Days - The Fonz has to be the coolest TV personality of all time - "Aaaay!"
10. The Brady Bunch - All kids could relate to every episode.
11. Diff'rent Strokes - Arnold was so funny - "Whatcha talkin bout Willis?"
12. Cosby Show - Probably the funniest family sitcom ever
13. I dream of Jeanie – I think every 70s boy had a crush on Jeanie

Honorable Mention:
Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom – Ok, this is a strange one, but it was always on Saturday mornings while I was flipping to see what cartoons were on and I loved to see the cheetah (or lion or any other predator) chase down the deer. The only way that Discovery Channel and Animal Planet can compete these days is that all of us 70s & 80s kids still channel surf and get stuck waiting for the cheetah to eat the deer.

I think we all need to petition TV-Land to get these timeless classics added to the lineup.

I'm sure I missed a couple good ones, so you'll have to post your own lists and leave a comment to let me know.

2 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

I noticed you didn't have any trouble coming up with 13 for this topic!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Hey Mark, I actually knew each and every show you listed. Pretty good, huh? I loved these shows, too. I'm wondering if they were already reruns when I watched though : ) J/K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home