May 28, 2006

Win At All Costs

Ok, I know its not a great lesson to teach your kids, since its all about having fun and the love of the game. But we all love to win, and I love it more than most! I think that Noah, who is 6 has inherited my competitive streak - so I am working on trying to teach him that its ok to lose and not to get so upset and just have fun. And what better way to learn how to be a good loser than to lose repeatedly, right??

At bedtime we sometimes play rock, paper, scissors for who prays 1st. He always go scissors and then gets upset that he lost again - dad has his strategy figured out - one of these days he is going to suprise me and I'll have to think a little, but for now Rock is undefeated! Please don't let him know my secret :) He is actually taking the losses (I think I'm up to 11 in a row) a lot better.

You know what they say - everything you need to know you learned in Kindergarten. Don't we wish all life lessons could be taught as easily as playing a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors.

1 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Jeff was cracking up laughing when he read this. He's still learning that he can't let Josh win all the time!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home