May 3, 2006

The Long Way Home
Hooked up with some church planters from Atlanta area. Lots of laughs with some them. Walked to dinner tonight (probably like 2 miles? and then to the Capitol "mall" area, up and down the subway steps, past the white house, 1st time to the WWII Memorial (very cool), back to the Lincoln memorial (hasn't changed, but well worth the walk since they had a public restroom and I had 3 Pepsis at dinner) - by now my feet are killing me (should have packed my reeboks) and my arthritic, 17 year old surgically repaired knee is ready for an allieve and an ice pack... then back past the reflecting pools past the Korean War Memorial (my new favorite - more than just arcitecture, very meaningful especially to someone who knows anything about the Korean War). Past all the other big buildings that pretty much are like any other in D.C. (Treasury, Agriculture, Holocaust Museum, blah, blah, blah museum, etc).
We must have walked 20 miles today. I'm not out of shape and if that had been a day long golf outing, I wouldn't be complaining (though I would've been in a cart, not walking mind you).

Ate dessert at a coffee shop across the street from the hotel (nice, but can you believe a 4 star hotel only has wireless B 11mbps?? What's up with that. ) Best apple pie I've ever had. I think we'll go back there for dessert tomorrow night.

2 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Wow, best pie you ever had, huh? I won't tell Julie or your Mom : )

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

So, did you learn about anything exciting going on in the Atlanta area? If so, please fill me in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home