May 8, 2006

God is in control
Yesterday after church, I was tearing down equipment in the gym when someone came in to tell me that Julie was just in an accident leaving church. Thoughts ran through my mind, and I raced to my car to go check on her and the kids. As I approached the scene and saw the fire trucks and the demolished front end of the van, it really shook me up. I walked past the other vehicle, a full size truck that apparently ran a red light and hit Julie as she was turning left. Then I saw a truck on the side of the road with firemen huddled around (it turned out to be people from the church that stopped to help out and gave Julie and kids a place to sit and decompress - it was really cool to see all the people from church that were there on the scene helping out - I love my church family!). I ran across the street and could hear my kids crying frantically as the paramedics checked out Julie for injuries. As we worked through all that happened - and saw the aftermath, it is evident to me that God protected my family, as well as Pastor Greg and Pastor Dave's sons who were in the van with Julie - it was only by a miracle that all the kids walked away ok, and Julie with only minor injuries (a big bruise on her left leg and a severe sprained ankle that may have ligament damage - she is on crutches with an aircast, a pretty entertaining site :). I think of the devestation that could have come to our 3 families, and I thank God for his protection.
As I was laying in bed last night, Psalm 34 came to my mind: "The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them." This was definitely the hand of God at work in our lives. Take time to praise Him today for who he is and for what he has done in your life.

3 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Mark, I'm so glad Julie and the kids are okay. I know God was truly protecting them yesterday as they were in that accident. Your family is in our prayers!! We love you guys!!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Mark,
God's hand of protection was surrounding your family! I'm so thankful that all is well! Thank you for your testimony in the midst of trial! Let us know if you need anything!!
Susie

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Anthony said...

Mark, I am so glad they were ok. Mine and many more prayers were sent when people heard what happen and God showed His guarding hand on them and that is always awesome to see. Love ya man, Tell Julie and the kids I and many others have them in our prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home